Monday 16 March 2015

New things coming this week!

Hi guys,

So, this week heralds the start of another chapter in my road to becoming a teacher. I've just finished a bunch of essay papers for college and on Wednesday, I've got my open day at the University of Sheffield. I'm really looking forward to getting a good look around the campus and facilities and getting to chat to the lecturers and find out about the course.

In other news, I start my placement at Aston Academy on Friday. I will be working as a teaching assistant in the history department. Aston Academy was where I studied for my GCSE's (well, it was Aston Comprehensive back then, but hey) so it will be a blast from the past to walk those halls again.

Im finishing off a few papers now as I head into the final stages of this course. I'm also starting to think about if I will continue working when I'm at Uni, or if I will drop a shift or maybe stop working altogether. Something to think about eh?

So, that's me for this week. I'll leave you with a fantastic poem I found the other day while reading for my latest English essay. It is a WWI poem and I really like the simplicity of it, yet the darker undertones it gives off are nice as it adds a complexity to it. Make of it what you will. If you want to give your own opinions, comment below.



Elegy In A Country Churchyard

The men that worked for England
They have their graves at home:
And bees and birds of England
About the cross can roam.

But they that fought for England,
Following a falling star,
Alas, alas for England
They have their graves afar.

And they that rule in England,
In stately conclave met,
Alas, alas for England
They have no graves as yet.

 - G.K. Chesterton




J-Fuzz out!

No comments:

Post a Comment