Thursday 28 May 2015

First year attempting to garden


So, this year I decided I wanted to try my hand at gardening. I'm only learning, so some things haven't worked, but overall I think I'm doing ok. I've got the garden tidied up (the front one that is, the back is under construction) and sorted the borders weeded and dug over, ready to turn them into colourful metropolises.




As it's the first year I've tried doing this, the borders do look a bit sparse, but that's only because I haven't got any returning plants in them yet, only 1 time bloomers. This time next year, however, should see them looking a lot fuller and more healthy.



As well as growing flowers out front, I've got a couple of pots round the back which I'm growing tomatoes in. These seem to be coming along nicely, and I'm just about ready to tie them up so they can carry on growing.









Overall, I'd say that I'm not too bad at gardening. Sure, it's hard work (never bloody ending) but when I come home from college or work, and see my handy work on a sunny day, it does fill me with a strange sense of pride. I would highly recommend trying it if you neve have before. It's all a learning curve, but it's fun and rewarding.


No comments:

Post a Comment